- Emil discovers the luxury of whitespace.
- Kristian Lumme describes the collaborative approach of Fournova, who are the makers of Tower for Git. Article “How We Work.”
- Stretchy by Lea Verou to make form elements flexible in size. The thing has a compressed size of 1.5 KB!
- This weeks CSS Tricks Newsletter contains an overwhelming amount of useful tricks and hints. Some writers seem to be able to make productive use of their time while stying at home these days. What resonates with me:
- Making inputs work for everyone. Article by Oscar Brauner.
- HTML includes let you grab contents from a file. Article by Scott Jehl.
- There are a bunch of new colors coming soon. Article by Lea Verou.
- How to build a bad design system. Article by Robin Rendle.
While watching some An Event Apart videos, I got reminded what a big fan of the A Book Apart (ABA) publications I am. I got hooked to their books from the start and immediately purchased the first two issues, which was “HTML for Web Designers“, by Jeremy Keith and Rachel Andrew, and “CSS3 for Web Designers” by Dan Cederholm. To get an overview for myself, here are the titles I own and the ones I would like to add to my small collection. I have:
- HTML For Web Designers
- CSS3 For Web Designers
- The Elements of Content Strategy
- Responsive Web Design
- Designing For Emotion
- On Web Typography
- Get Ready for CSS Grid Layout
- Git for Humans
- Design for Real Life
- Working the Commandline
- Making Sense of Color Management
To be added:
- Responsive Design: Patterns & Principles
- Going Responsive
Accessibility for Everyone✓
- Progressive Web Apps
- Everyday Information Architecture
Expressive Design Systems✓