My takes from the presentation:
- One message per slide (not more). With more than one message per slide the audience will not remember any of the messages.
- Use short text. A lengthy text message (a sentence, a paragraph) on the slide while talking at the same time is creating two messages and the audience will not remember any of the messages.
- The most important information must be the biggest on the slide. We are focusing on moving objects, big objects, high contrast, and alerting colors.
- Grey out. Make the important information high contrast and grey out the unimportant, e.g. when walking through a bullet-list, give high contrast to the current bullet only.
- Dark background. A white background is shifting away focus from the speaker. The speaker is the presentation and PowerPoint is the presentation aid.
- Have six objects on the slide. More objects force people into counting instead of seeing, which makes people needing five times more energy to follow the presentation.